Last updated and effective as of December 19, 2019
Ponte Vedra Corporation including its Affiliates (as hereinafter defined) and client entities (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Company”) provide a variety of services in the hospitality industry.
Ponte Vedra Corporation
Attn: Privacy Compliance
200 Ponte Vedra Boulevard
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
You may also contact us by email at inn[email protected] with "Privacy" in the subject line.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
We understand and value the privacy of our visitors and customers. We collect information from our Websites’ visitors in order to deliver an effective and efficient online experience and to provide our services and those of our related companies which include, without limitation, companies and businesses in which we have a direct or indirect ownership interest or other contractual relationship, and companies and businesses which have a direct or indirect ownership interest in us (collectively, our “Affiliates”). Our Affiliates also include, without limitation, parent, child, sister and other related or affiliated companies, and those companies and businesses that are currently Affiliates, and also those that may become Affiliates of us at any time in the future.
WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
We gather information in a variety of ways including, without limitation, online forms requesting additional information about a product or service, seeking inquiries or providing comments or questions. Information collected may include name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone numbers, financial information, payment information, and any other information or data that you input, upload or provide to the Websites. By way of example, information collected may include, but will not be limited to, name and personal preferences.
We may also gather information from your access and use of the Websites. This includes a website’s Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, your language, dates and times of access, and your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
In addition, we may also collect, or our third party ad servers, payment processors, booking and reservation providers, and/or content servers may collect, certain information. This information is ultimately stored in the form of store categories, and, in some cases, specific URLs. We may also use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers and software, to administer our Websites, and to gather demographic information. We may utilize and contract with third party ad servers that provide us with reports that tell us how many ads were presented and clicked upon at our Websites.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We process your personal data for providing services or information to you, for the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps in order to enter into any contract with you, or to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us. We also process your personal data for our own legitimate interests, provided these interests do not override your right to object. We may also process your personal data where you have consented to do so, and you have the right to withdraw your consent without detriment other than as permitted under applicable law at any time by contacting us on our details below.
We may combine data provided by you across our Websites. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share your data internally and combine it with data collected on the Website. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
We may also use your information to help provide and personalize the services you request and expect from us, to communicate with you, to conduct direct marketing and sales promotions and to better enhance your experience at our Websites or in using any of our services or those of our Affiliates.
We also want to ensure that content from our Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and that we can provide you with the information and services that you request from us in an efficient way. Therefore, we also use your information to administer our Websites for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, and to keep our Websites safe and secure.
In order to use certain parts of our Websites, you must provide personal information, for example, where you place an order. Failure to provide your personal information may mean that you cannot effectively use our Websites.
We will also use the information collected to notify you of updates and modifications to our Websites or services.
In some instances, we may share certain personal information regarding our customers and other information we collect via the Website. On occasion, we may disclose some or all of your personal information to business associates and sponsors. Business associates may include, but are not limited to, our Affiliates and companies that provide services in connection with ours.
We do provide some of our services through contractual arrangements with Affiliates, services providers, business associates and other third parties. We and our third party service providers use your information to operate our Websites and to deliver services. For example, we may utilize third party service providers to facilitate on-line reservations and bookings, and for collecting payment information from you and performing payment processing services. In some instances, those services are provided by third party service providers via their websites. We will encourage third party service providers we utilize to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your information by third party service providers is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties and is not subject to our control. We may work with third parties (including, for example, business associates, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from a third party and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We may also provide information about our customers and their sales, traffic patterns, and related information from the Websites to third party advertisers that require the data to select and serve relevant marketing communications to you and others.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances:
• If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, subpoena or court order, or in order to enforce or apply our terms or other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and to prevent cybercrime and any other unlawful activities.
TRANSFERS FROM EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that may not be subject to data protection laws equivalent to those in the EEA.
We retain personal data to fulfill our business’ legitimate interests and contractual obligations to you during the term of our relationship with you and for six years after that to identify any issues and resolve any disputes. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You will not be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
USE OF TECHNICAL INFORMATION
We may collect certain technical information that may include the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform, or other similar information.
Your IP address is a unique number used to identify your specific computer on a public network. We collect IP addresses for the purpose of system administration, to analyze consumer behavior and trends and to audit the use and functionality of our Websites. We may utilize an IP address to identify a visitor to our Websites visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Websites’ terms or to protect our services, Websites, consumers or others.
Other technical information about your visit may include the full URL, clickstream to, through and from our Websites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
When you use our Websites we will store cookies on your computer in order to facilitate and customize your use of our Websites. A “cookie” is a small data text file, which a website stores on your computer’s hard drive (if your Web browser permits) that can be retrieved later. Our cookies may store information that includes, without limitation, randomly assigned user identification numbers, the country where you are located, and your first name. The cookies make your use of the Websites easier, make the Websites run more smoothly and help us improve the security of the Websites. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our Websites may not work properly as a result.
We use the following types of cookies:
• STRICTLY NECESSARY cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Websites and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• ANALYTICAL/PERFORMANCE cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Websites. This helps us for our legitimate interest of improving the way our Websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are easily navigating our Websites.
• FUNCTIONALITY cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Websites. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalize our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• TARGETING/ADVERTISING cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our Websites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We may use an outside ad serving company to display banner advertisements on our Websites. As part of their service, they will place a separate cookie on your computer. We and our third party ad server will collect and use information about you, such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server and whether you responded to a particular ad. Other advertisers may also place banner ads on our Websites in the same manner as above.
LINK TO WEBSITES AND SERVICES
MODIFYING ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND OPTING OUT
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications about our products and/or services.
You can object to further marketing at any time by checking and updating your contact details within your account or selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you.
You have the opportunity to ask us not to share information with third parties. In addition, we provide you with the opportunity to change or delete any personal information you may have provided to us. We may deny your request if permitted or required by applicable law.
To exercise any of these rights, you may contact us by mail or e-mail at the addresses identified above in the CONTACT US section.
INHERENT ONLINE RISKS
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Websites cannot be guaranteed.
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM ALL OR SELECT INFORMATION
To unsubscribe from e-mail correspondence simply click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
• to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
• to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
• to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (for example, while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information);
• to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing communication; and
• to request that any personal data you provided be moved to a third party.
To exercise any of these rights, you may contact us by mail or e-mail at the addresses identified above in the CONTACT US section.
We describe the information we collect in detail for business purposes in the Section titled: What Kind Of Information Do We Collect How Do We Collect It?. That information is categorized as follows:
• identifiers (e.g., name, alias, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or similar identifiers);
• information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular individual (e.g., credit card number, telephone number, address, or similar information);
• commercial information (e.g., records regarding goods purchased, or other purchasing histories or tendencies);
• Internet or other electronic network activity (e.g., browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an online site or application, or similar information);
• audio, electronic, or similar information; and
• information drawn from any of the above to create a consumer profile that includes characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behaviors, or similar information.
We describe the groups we may share your information with for business purposes in detail for in the Sections titled: How Do We Use Your Information? and Third Parties. However, The groups fall into the following categories under applicable California law:
• credit card processors and other companies that help facilitate your transactions;
• our banks, insurers, and brokers;
• companies that provide statistical analysis of your interactions with us;
• companies that provide customer support or arranging for deliveries; and
• third parties approved by you.
• The categories of personal information we collected about you;
• The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information; and
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, which can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
MISCELLANEOUS PRIVACY ISSUES
You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use these Websites. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information about visitors that are under 18 years of age without legal guardian consent.