The Lodge & Club
In 1941, Tommy Sabin, a New York banker and frequent Ponte Vedra Inn & Club guest, purchased 600 feet of oceanfront property from the Inn & Club's parent company, Ponte Vedra Corporation. On this prime real estate, located 1.5 miles south of the Inn, Sabin built an independent seasonal hotel called The Innlet, which offered 32 small but attractive guest rooms, and a welcoming environment. Four years later, the hotel was sold to Ponte Vedra Inn & Club and began operating under Inn management. With its pleasant, casual atmosphere, The Innlet became a gathering place for the younger crowd. In 1947, 30 apartments are added. While ownership changed hands several times over the next two decades, The Innlet continued to be managed by Ponte Vedra Inn & Club, with guests enjoying access to the amenities of both hotels.
In 1969, hotel operations ceased when The Innlet was purchased by The Fletcher Company and in 1989 they opened The Lodge & Bath Club, a luxurious, 66-room oceanfront hotel. In 1997, Ponte Vedra Corporation purchased this property and changed its name to The Lodge & Club Ponte Vedra Beach. As in previous decades, operations at the hotel were managed by Ponte Vedra Inn & Club with guests enjoying access to the amenities of both establishments. In recognition of The Lodge & Club’s superior quality, the property received both the coveted AAA Four-Diamond Award and Mobil Four-Star Award in 2017.